[Sca-cooks] Easter dinner

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Apr 13 13:21:03 PDT 2009

I was more than pleasantly surprised this Easter.  If you remember, I had
predicted my MIL's usual carb and meat-heavy holiday dinner with turkey,
stuffing, several kinds of potatos, rice, and maybe one veggie.

Well.  She still cooked far too much food for what was supposed to be 8
people (one guest didn't show up), but the selection was different than I
expected and all very good.  She made a lamb roast crusted with garlic and
oregano (absolutely wonderful), a Smithfield ham, crockpot lasagna, scalloped
potatos au gratin, mashed potatos, sweet potatos (which were never even touched
during the meal), steamed broccoli, asparagus with honey mustard sauce,
Stove Top stuffing (also never touched), and a salad of red leaf lettuce and
baby spinach with raspberry vinaigrette dressing.  She also had purchased HUGE
croissants for the bread and baklava for dessert.  Not knowing about the
baklava, I had brought homemade honey-pecan shortbread and brown sugar nut
square cookies.

Still meat and carb heavy, but a huge improvement over previous holiday
meals.

Brangwayna Morgan
Shire of Silver Rylle, East Kingdom
Lancaster, PA