[Sca-cooks] scallops

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 19 00:16:33 PDT 2009

<<< I used wet ones...don't think I've ever seen dry ones.  They were
very
large, tasty, fresh sea scallops.

Kiri

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 8:44 PM, S CLEMENGER <sclemenger at msn.com> wrote:

Should those be "wet" scallops, or dry ones? Or does it matter?
--Maire >>>

What are "dry" scallops? Are these actually dried scallop pieces
which you have to rehydrate before using? Or are these actually
something else, like the fake crabmeat?

The only ones I remember seeing were frozen or fresh in plastic
wrapped trays. Usually I see larger ones, inch and a half in
diameter? which are sea scallops and smaller, cheaper ones about an
inch in diameter called "bay scallops".

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas