[Sca-cooks] Outlands Coronation Feast-PSA

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 22 00:55:37 PDT 2009

Shoshanna said:

<<< As some of you may or may not know - the original cook for the
feast has,
well, how do I put this, ..., quit. >>>

Oh My! For a Coronation Feast?! No assistant cook? No "Drop-dead"
replacement?

<<< I have agreed to step in at this late hour.

We are keeping the feast in the German-esque style originally planned
although the menu has been slightly altered. >>>

What would you like to change? What ingredients do you have
available? Perhaps folks here can give some substitute recipes or
items which might work better.

Best of luck in taking over this high-pressure position.

<<< I apologize in advance to those of you who do not use potatoes or
corn in
your feast preparations.  I promise that while the ingredients may
not (or
may - depending on your research) be period the meal will be yummy. >>>

Well, if someone has evidence for these in Germany before 1600 CE,
I'd sure like to see it.  ...and add the info to the Florilegium.

<<< There will be vegetarian options and some gluten free and kosher
style
(definitely not glak kosher). >>>

We've discussed "kosher" before, but what is "glak kosher"?

<<< pierogi - potato/cheese - vegetarian (there may be a second
filling -
sauerkraut)
gratin savayard - potato/cheese casserole - vegetarian/gluten free>>>

Lots of potato and cheese. I wonder if leaving out some of the potato
and just making some cheese pierogi might be preferred by some folks.

However, period or not, I'd like to see your recipe for this "gratin
savayard". Might be an interesting dish to fix at home.

<<< condiments - sauerkraut, sour cream, mustards >>>

Are you making or buying the sauerkraut and mustards?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com