[Sca-cooks] Outlands Coronation Feast-PSA

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 07:33:26 PDT 2009

I'll check out the cabbage and make sure it's edible.  If not I'll purchase
more.  I will say I have it in jars and none of them have exploded (yet!)

Most store brands of sauerkraut are made with fresh cabbage that is given a
brine solution and then cooked.  especially the canned stuff.  If it's in a
bag in the fridge section it may not have been cooked but it still usually
has preservatives in it.

Last year at the Boulder Farmer's Market there was a company who made
pickled cabbage and I might check with them if we need more.  Assuming they
are still in business.

-S