[Sca-cooks] 16th cent. kitchen print

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sat Apr 25 14:53:00 PDT 2009

>I'll have to look again.  My first thought was turnips.

Some kind of prep anyway.. I don't think the picture is clear enough to be sure.

The other pictures in the series have good stuff too.

The March Peasant activities picture has something cooking in a huge pot in some kind of barn or shed, under a roof but no sides.  Could be soap or dyeing as easily as food.

And the December village scene shows slaughtering pigs.  Right in front of the Inn front door!  And cooking something outside on a spit.. not clear if it is birds or pig parts.  And doing something in the shed that could be food related.   I wonder if they could be making sausage, but its not nearly clear enough.

Ranvaig