[Sca-cooks] Interesting NYT article about "new" beef cuts

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 06:52:01 PDT 2009

The thing that I ponder in relation to these "developments" is what
effect it is going to have on the existing products that we know and
love. If they are cutting the tenderest parts of the Chuck out of the
roast then what effect is that going to have on Ground Chuck. Can
butchers cut out the tender parts, grind the remains up and still call
it Ground Chuck?

I would think that would have a significant impact on the flavor and
texture profiles of the Ground Chuck that we are familiar with.

--
Serena da Riva