[Sca-cooks] 14th century English banana recipe

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 1 15:06:14 PDT 2009

edoard at medievalcookery.com wrote:
> Just thought I'd post a link to the recipe I just finished redacting.
> http://www.medievalcookery.com/poisson/banana.html
>
>- Doc

I know this is humor, and i know most posters to this list know it's humor.

But i fear that people finding it in a random internet search may not understand. I shudder at the thought of some enthusiastic new cook excitedly serving this at a feast under the misapprehension that it genuinely medieval. Perhaps a disclaimer somewhere on the page might help disabuse them of such notions...

Someone sometimes called Urtatim
who is also known to enjoy good quality ice cream
when not at an SCA event