[Sca-cooks] Mail Order ham? (OOP)

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Apr 7 19:10:48 PDT 2009

I happen to very much enjoy ham, and am familiar with them.
Adamantius' source is good- he sent me one. I't was particularly nice
for me, because it was packaged in a couple slices apiece in cryo
paks, taken from obvious slices right on down the ham. Very tasty, and
less to deal with than the Smithfield ham. Not as salty, hoewver, and
requires refrigeration.

"Burger's Smokehouse is pretty good... they're based in Missouri, I
believe, and produce both city and country hams, fully cooked and
sliced, or raw...

http://www.smokehouse.com

Adamantius"

Smithfield hams are excellent- I've never had a better, however, I've
never ordered one by mail, either. Last one I got, Rob and Margali
gave me, and it lasted for a couple years (again, just me eating it).
However, while I know enough to work wih it, please be careful who you
send one to. When properly aged, they get a layer of mold on the
outside, and those that don't know to just scrub it off, soak the ham,
and then use it as you will might just throw the whole thing away.

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard