[Sca-cooks] Dayboards

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Thu Apr 9 12:07:49 PDT 2009

Amy Cooper wrote:
> This may be a similar recipe to what Kiri suggested, but when I think
> cold chicken or pork, I think of a sage/ginger sauce that's in To Take
> A Thousand Eggs. I make it with 6 hard boiled egg yolks, a good chunk
> of fresh ginger (peeled), and a few fresh sage leaves. This gets
> whirred in a food processor with enough red wine vinegar to the
> consistency you want, and seasoned with salt and pepper. Seems to be a
> popular sauce around here - every once in a while, I get a request
> from someone for the "Holy Crap Sauce" (dubbed as such by newly Sir
> Donas - I warned people it was sharp with vinegar, and not everyone
> listened).

I make it with hardboiled egg yolks, half-and-half white wine vinegar
and water (the original source suggested this-- sadly, I don't remember
what the source was) and *heaps* of sage, parsley, and other herbs.  It
comes out a very brilliant green.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,