[Sca-cooks] Indoor Event Fund-raiser Lunch Table

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Sat Apr 11 21:40:33 PDT 2009

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
> I first thought of roast chicken in pieces for the meat, but i'm concerned that may be too difficult to eat, whereas sliced meat can be sandwichized, which keeps the fingers cleaner.
>
> I also think the fruit should be cut in halves or large chunks - comments?

Speaking in general, people will eat more of of any given food if it's
served in relatively small pieces-- not just fruit, but small sweets,
small slices of cake, small pieces of meat, etc., etc.  I think it's due
to a wish to eat neatly (cut-up fruit is *much* easier to handle) and a
wish not to waste food by taking a bigger portion than one can eat.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?