[Sca-cooks] Medieval bilingual culinary dictionary

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 13 14:31:01 PDT 2009

Emilio said:

<<< It seems to me, that the project looks good and is well worth the
while to work on it.

Not having seen a line of your work, It is difficult, however, to say
something about your manuscript and its merits. >>>

I may have missed some earlier conversation, so I'm not sure which
dictionary Suey has translated or created. But here is an example of
some of her translation work. This is in the FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS section
of the Florilegium:

Fadalat-art       (58K)  8/15/08    "Culinary Abundance With Recipes
with
                                        Medieval Variations".
Translation
                                        by Susan Lord-Williams.

I would be willing to host a dictionary in the Florilegium.

For instance, I have this file, but as far as I know this effort
didn't continue long.
p-food-terms-lst   (9K)  9/25/00    List of period food terms
maintained by
                                        Phillipa Seton.

Stefan

--------