[Sca-cooks] scallops

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 20 04:30:19 PDT 2009

On Apr 20, 2009, at 1:35 AM, ranvaig at columbus.rr.com wrote:

>> Here's a recipe from Le Menagier for them.
>
> Well darn, I saw this *after* pulled the bag of scallops from the
> freezer and broiled them for supper. I didn't add anything but a bit
> of pam and served them with rice.  In Ohio, scallops in the fish
> case are likely to be previously frozen anyway.

I wonder how many on this list felt strangely compelled to do
something like this (or how often something comparable happens, and
whether SCA-Cooks is setting peculiar food trends). We went out for
dinner last night, and I ordered the chef's special of broiled
scallops (also rice pilaf), which were surprisingly fresh and well-
cooked by the standards of the local pub.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter