[Sca-cooks] a book review request

Gwen Barclay gwenb at cvtv.net
Tue Apr 21 15:44:24 PDT 2009

I would highly recommend anything Rita Buchanan writes.  The Weaver's Garden is extremely well researched and obviously written by someone who actually has done what she writes about.  There is also considerable information on fiber plants themselves, and growing many of the plants for dyeing.  I have heard her speak and seen her weavings at Herb Society of America conferences and was highly impressed.  She also is an excellent speaker!

For anyone seriously considering working with fibers natural fibers and dyes, this book is a necessity.

Gwen