[Sca-cooks] Interesting NYT article about "new" beef cuts

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Apr 29 05:30:47 PDT 2009

Ok I am sorry but this just seems so wrong--
"the boneless country-style beef chuck ribs — in his meat cases a couple
of months ago. The “ribs” have never seen a bone. They are cut from the
chuck eye roll to resemble ribs and are intended to be braised, like a
short rib. They can be finished on the grill with barbecue sauce. "

They appear here under "valuse added cuts>Chuck >  Boneless
Country-Style Beef Chuck Ribs
<http://www.beefinnovationsgroup.com/bonelesscountrystylebeefchuckribs.aspx>"
Courtesy of BIG  -- Beef Innovations Group (TM)
http://www.beefinnovationsgroup.com/bonelesscountrystylebeefchuckribs.aspx

Why am I reminded of McDonald's pork riblet sandwich?

Johnnae