[Sca-cooks] Special diet friendly sweets - the results

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 14:37:54 PDT 2009

I've never been a beet fan myself - although the beet tops are tasty.

But, last summer I tried roasting them and the flavor was so different than
just boiling them (or maybe my mother just didn't know how to cook them).  I
actually found myself enjoying them.

If you haven't tried them recently - give 'em another go.  While I'm still
not going to eat a plate of them, a few slices at a meal make a nice
addition.

Or, as you say - you can pickle them -

-S