[Sca-cooks] OT OP Beware --- fake Girl Scout Cookies are planned

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 5 10:54:46 PDT 2009

Johnna Holloway wrote:
> Along the lines 'are they kidding?" and "don't they
> expect a backlash?" comes the news that Walmart is testing versions
> of new GreatValue that imitate varieties of  famous Girl Scout Cookies.
>
> http://adage.com/article?article_id=138272
>
> Johnnae

They had jolly well better be giving a fat donation to the GSA as they
claim.  Admittedly the Girl Scouts don't get a lot per box, maybe a
quarter per box actually goes to the troop, but competing with little
children is a PR hit that even Wal-Mart cannot afford.

On the other hand... I wonder if they are any good?  :-)

Cheers,
Selene Colfox