[Sca-cooks] Largesse: What to avoid.

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Aug 10 07:29:57 PDT 2009

--On Monday, August 10, 2009 9:13 AM -0500 Judith Epstein
<judith at ipstenu.org> wrote:

>  I am not always able to trust that statement to mean the same thing that
> I mean when I say it. Just listing the ingredients isn't always enough.

Agreed. And for people with serious restrictions, it's not enough. But, for
the majority of the folks receiving the largesse, or their retainers, or
their friends (or the other folks likely to benefit from the content of the
largesse basket), listing the ingrediants should be sufficient...same as
listing the ingrediants going into a feast.

But, I don't see throwing out the baby because one person in a thousand
might have a problem with the bathwater.

toodles, margaret