[Sca-cooks] OP/OT: Wanted: Opinions on Controversial Florilegium article

Judith Epstein judith at ipstenu.org
Tue Aug 11 05:06:27 PDT 2009

On Aug 11, 2009, at 6:22 AM, James Prescott wrote:

> Trying to suppress something like this is very wrong.

I couldn't agree more. In the mundane/modern world, we would be
outraged if an organization of any kind attempted to suppress reality.
We'd scream "cover-up!" loud and long about any organization that had
things happen (as always happens whenever a group forms), then hushed
them up to maintain its reputation. To silence this article -- whether
by threatening the young lady, her father, or the source of
publication -- doesn't actually silence the facts, it only paints us
as hypocrites. I'm very interested to know which higher-ups are doing
the threatening, so that I can be sure not to give any allegiance to
them, tacitly or otherwise, until they have realized their error and
made apology to the girl and to her father.

Judith / no SCA name yet