[Sca-cooks] Salt Plates

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 10:31:30 PDT 2009

We bought one last week.  My husband saw them at the beginning of the summer
but when we went they were all out.  They also had an 8"x8" one (maybe it
was just one that had broken and been filed down?)

He's into interesting food preparation techniques - his current one is
cooking sous vide.  Can't tell you how yummy the things he's made have been.

He plans to use the salt plate for grilling meat and curing fish to start.
The ice cream thing sounds interesting - may have to try it.

-S