[Sca-cooks] Need some recipes- Spanish/Portugise / tratado da cozinha portuguesa

Rob Downie, Fernanda Gomes rdownie at mts.net
Wed Aug 19 15:24:14 PDT 2009

emilio szabo wrote:
> <<http://www.medievalcookery.com/etexts.html >>
>
> If I am not mistaken, the first link to the Cervantes Virtual text is not a link to a primary source at all, but to a modern version. (Whose?)
>
> Who is the translator into English? F. Gomes? Faerisa Gwynarden?

As Johannae mentioned, Fernanda Gomes is my mundane name & Faerisa
Gwynarden is my SCA name
> Anyway: His/her problem with CALDO/SUMO in the recipe below might be  due to the translation/modernization by "unknown".
> There is a "primary" recipe version of it in the Florilegium file. There, we find cumo/sumo:
>
>     ".... e cumo de limo~es ...".

Yes, there are some real... erm... liberties taken with the modernized
version webbed at the Cervantes virtual library.  I had managed to get a
copy of the original & started re-doing it from there, but my mundane
life became very topsy-turvey for a while and pushed all SCA projects to
the back burner.  I need to dig out the files again and continue the
translation from the original soon.

Faerisa