[Sca-cooks] OOP: A Gluten Free Tabbouleh Recipe

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 06:01:11 PDT 2009

One of the volunteers I work with in the American Cancer Society passed this
on to me.  I haven't tried it, but it sounds good:

Quinoa Tabbouleh

1 1/4 cups quinoa (rinsed and drained)
2 1/2 cups water.
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1 large cucumber deseeded and diced
3 scallions
2 T fresh parsley
1 T fresh mint (1 to 2)
1 large lemon. juiced
2 T olive, flax or avocado oil ).
Salt and pepper to taste.

1.    Bring to simmer and allow to soak up the water (approx 15-30 minutes).
Allow to cool to room temp (do ahead)

2.    Cut up veggies. Combine these in a large bowl with the lemon juice.

3.    Once the quinoa is cooled, blend the veggies with grain and allow
flavors to blend for about 30 minutes then serve.

I thought that, as there are folks on the list who are sensitive to wheat,
this might come in handy!

Kiri