[Sca-cooks] Period substitute for tomatoes?

Deborah Hammons mistressaldyth at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 08:47:06 PDT 2009

Selene, you hit this on the head, or well, noodle.  :-))  I have a little
handout that I am in the process of updating that all my cooks guild newbies
get a copy of.  Medieval food for the modern palate.  This recipe is my
macaroni and cheese sort of equivalent. I list modern foods that for the
most part are accepted (fried chicken, the Mac and Cheese, Stew, etc) and
then list a similar "period" recipe/food.  It goes over pretty well.  If
anyone wants a copy or list, I can get it going probably in October after
hunting season.
Aldyth