[Sca-cooks] Period substitute for tomatoes?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Aug 21 09:54:56 PDT 2009

But events don't require that you eat medieval foods in your camp.
You can prepare what you normally prepare and just carry it along.
Any appropriate food that suits your lifestyle, diet, and restrictions
that can also be packed should work. What would you fix and take if you
had to
be at a school or sporting event on a Sabbath night?
There are a number of books that include kosher foods for picnics.
And there are quick and easy kosher cookbooks like
Kosher, Delicious & Simple: The 60th Anniversary Kinneret Day School
Cookbook.
Can you adapt those sorts of recipes to your circumstances?

(Or --Are you attending Regia or VNA events where you must be authentic from
the moment you step on the event grounds? Is the Society in your area so
strict?)

Johnnae