[Sca-cooks] OOP - Funky smell to Vietnamese Spring Roll Wrappers?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 24 10:16:04 PDT 2009

On Aug 24, 2009, at 11:14 AM, Mariann Eaves wrote:

> My mother, born and raised in Oahu will wash the rice to rid it of the
> surface starch but to make sure that it is "clean".  Old habits die
> hard.
>

> Saraqan

Sure. And there's something to be said for removing the odd little
pebble, maybe an errant weevil, a rice husk or two, to say nothing of
the aforementioned surface starch (or rat poison). Call it any of
that, or simply a ritual or even a practical cleansing; it's all good.

A lot of old habits die hard because they're actually pretty smart.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter