[Sca-cooks] Contests was Definition of "Period Cooking" was Re: Substitute for Potatoes?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 05:43:54 PDT 2009

I guess then that this brings up the question, "Why are you in the SCA?"
Everything we do is based on what folks did in the Middle Ages and
Renaissance...we're constantly looking over our distant ancestors'
shoulders...cookne ing, C & I, costuming, dance, fighting, armoring, etc.
For you, I guess we're just a social club or something similar.  Most of us
are here to learn about what happened during this period...and, no matter
what art or science we pursue, we do it best by studying period work,
whether it's a painting, sculpture, recipe, inventory list or whatever.

Kiri