[Sca-cooks] Newbie Welcoming Techniques, was Contests was Definition of "Period Cooking" was Re: Substitute for Potatoes?

Nancy Kiel nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 25 08:58:15 PDT 2009

Perhaps it would be wise to look again at why you want to cook at events.  I believe you originally said cooking was the only way you can contribute to doing things in a medieval way, and you want to start by using period ingredients but you're not interested right now in period recipes or techniques.  I am at a loss as to your aversion for period recipes---if it's lack of familiarity, perhaps you could practice it at home until it's second nature.  You've already invested some effort into researching period ingredients, so why not put a little more effort into period receipes, since period food is about more than just period ingredients.

Nancy Kiel nancy_kiel at hotmail.com Never tease a weasel! This is very good advice. For the weasel will not like it And teasing isn't nice.