[Sca-cooks] Togas and Kilts

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 25 20:34:00 PDT 2009

Countess Alys commented:

<<< Uhhmm... I could envision His Grace in a toga or a kilt-like garment
(since kilts aren't period?). >>>

Well, the short ones, aren't. However, the longer kilts are. They
don't seem to have been in fashion for as long as many people assume
they were, though. And they were worn my the Highland Scots, not all
of those in Scotland.
cl-Scot-male-art  (18K)  6/20/96    Scottish men's clothing.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/cl-Scot-male-art.html
cl-Scotland-msg  (114K) 10/31/01    Clothing of Scotland. folding of
kilts.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/cl-Scotland-msg.html

Since some folks jumped on Judith for some blanket statements she
made, although none were Alys, I'm going to show equal opportunity
here... :-)

<<< The ladies on this list just
automatically seem to want to disrobe the gentlemen!  Togas! >>>

Oh, does this mean that the next SCA-Cooks pot luck is being moved to
the "Men Without Pants" party at Pennsic?  :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com