[Sca-cooks] Onions - chopped

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 29 14:41:57 PDT 2009

I asked:

At 5:27 PM -0400 29/08/09, Johnna Holloway wrote:
>  This is fun.
>
>  WikiAnswers says:
>  The web references vary and show medium onions as 3/4
>  to 1 cup chopped and large onions as 1 to 1.5 cups chopped.

(Snippety-do-dah)

Thank you for all the great info!

I tried a web search, but my usually good Google-foo just wasn't
working - i got lots of recipes and no equivalents.

>  You should stress that they test the recipe and record how many cups
>  they are getting out their onions, I suppose.

I suspect that in the cases of my recipes 1/2 cup too much will be
fine, although too little would not be good, since one recipe is a
(not provably period) onion condiment. The recipes this person wants
are from a privately sponsored feast at a Kingdom camping event and
while the majority of recipes were period, a few were peri-oid and a
couple downright modern.

This info will work fine. I tend to buy large onions for feasts and
medium ones for home. Someday i will conduct my own experiment at
home.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita