[Sca-cooks] Ka-ak four, Cariadoc zero

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sat Aug 29 19:16:45 PDT 2009

>David/Cariadoc wrote:
>>  After about four tries, I'm giving up on the Ka-ak recipe from Wusla;
>>  the best I can manage turns out as a somewhat greasy and rather bland
>>  pie crust cookie.
>
>I think that's about what they often are. Sort of the medieval
>Arabic equivalent of shortbread or a modern sugar cooked, but often
>a bit harder.
>
>I think you haven't lost, K'ak just isn't what you expected, i guess.

Ka'k isn't any one thing. I've made three different recipes, and they
produce entirely different results. It's just this one that doesn't
produce anything I would want to eat (and the al-Warraq one when I
include as much saffron as it says, but I realize that there are
people who like the stuff).
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com