[Sca-cooks] Scotch Eggs- rebuttal

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 4 12:48:47 PDT 2009

On Aug 4, 2009, at 3:33 PM, Betsy Marshall wrote:

> And from this side of the pond comes....
>> From the newsletter "Tasting table"- (found on Facebook)
> Egg Hunt
> Chefs reinvent a decadent bar snack

I wonder if a single one of these chefs knows that Scotch eggs are
_supposed_ to be made with chopped ham, and that sausage meat (as with
toad in the hole) is the lazy person's expedient?

I don't believe pork sausage meat has ever been very popular in
Scotland, except possibly in the lowlands...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter