[Sca-cooks] Largesse: What to avoid.

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 09:13:19 PDT 2009

I agree here.  Obviously I wouldn't give my spice mixture to someone as a
gift if I knew they were observing kosher or had allergies that might be
affected.  And I would have tried, as a landed Baroness, not to do this as
well.  However, if someone who does keep strict kosher receives a food gift
that was probably prepared in a non-kosher kitchen, they are perfectly free
to accept the gift then pass it on to someone who has no problem with this.
I know we receive gifts from friends all the time that we cannot eat as we
(my husband and I) are diabetic.  So...we accept the gift, thank the giver
and pass it on to someone who isn't.  I see no reason why this can't work
the same way.  To put a limitation of "no food" on folks creates a problem
of what can we give...I know it does for me!

Kiri