[Sca-cooks] Largesse: What to avoid.

Deborah Hammons mistressaldyth at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 09:30:37 PDT 2009

The problem here might be the definition of largesse.  I am sure when you
get more experience under your belt so to speak, SCA customs will get
clearer.  I would define largesse as something that will be provided to
either the Crown or Coronet to be distributed at Their disgression as a
"thank you".  That could be to another Crown, sitting Barons and Baronesses,
event and kitchen stewards.  My kitchen staff has routinely gotten a goody
basket, and they get to select what they want.   Food items do get put
there.  Jams and Jellies, spices, pickles.  They have been clearly marked as
to type and when made and by who.  In the scheme of things, you should be
able to find something you like in such a basket.  Someone making a specific
item to give to a specific person for say, 12th Night is a different thing
than largesse.
Aldyth