[Sca-cooks] Largesse: What to avoid.

Judith Epstein judith at ipstenu.org
Mon Aug 10 10:11:35 PDT 2009

On Aug 10, 2009, at 11:56 AM, Raphaella DiContini wrote:

> Unfortunately, it has become the guideline in AnTir to not offer
> food stuffs as there has been concern over food safety. I have been
> considering offering period spice mixes, and have often donated
> booklets of documented recipes as a way to safely represent the
> culinary arts.
>
> In joyous service,
> Raffaella

I think that's a fantastic idea. Given how many people move to the An
Tir area (specifically Oregon, where I lived for a long while during
school), preparing food for anyone else is just a minefield of
potential dangers and offenses given entirely unintentionally. But
sharing a recipe means that the gift recipient gets the pleasure of
learning about Period recipes and cooking methods, and can enjoy the
dish over and over again instead of just once.

Judith / no SCA name yet