[Sca-cooks] OP/OT: Wanted: Opinions on Controversial Florilegium article

Woodrow Hill asim at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 11 11:40:42 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 14:19, Volker Bach<carlton_bach at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Salvete
>
> --- Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> schrieb am Di, 11.8.2009:

>> The author was under pressure from her local group and then
>> her Royalty to remove the article and have threatened her
>> father, a Peer, with loss of his Peerage. I probably will
>> remove the article because of her request.
>
> If you do, can you PLEASE put up a notice explaining the reason for this, naming the royalty in question and ideally

I share you anger to a considerable extent.
I would only caveat -- and I do so publicly, asking forgiveness of you
list-folks -- that any such actions should only be taken, as others
have said, with the EXPRESSED permission of the lady in question.
Otherwise, although Justice is our goal, we risk seeing the kind of
rumor-mongering, jumping to conclusions, and especially backlash
against this lady (and Stefan) that not only makes their lives more
difficult, but also makes the quest for a just remedy more
challenging.
Otherwise, I strongly encourage and ask for a more public note
regarding these issues, if she feels she is up to the intense scrutiny
this will generate and that the issue around the publication of this
missive remains unresolved.

----asim

--
The Politics of Dancing: http://apostate.raqsstorm.org