[Sca-cooks] Was Seeking Cheesy Goodness in WI is Rosti

Susanne Mayer susanne.mayer5 at chello.at
Tue Aug 11 12:37:51 PDT 2009

Uh that nasty umlaut marks (vowel mutation marks) again,... ;-)
Rosti is Roesti (o with two dots above) and is a Swiss national food.
It does have also, under almost the same name, a place in Austria [geröstete
erdäpfel (o with dots and the a with dots), roasted potatoes] and Germany as
well.

In Austria (especially in Vienna) they are made with onions and are served
traditionaly with cooked beef (in soup), creamed spinach and
apple/horseradish mix.

FYI

Katharina
DW ad Flumen Caerulum (on the blue river aka Danube , situated in Vienna)