[Sca-cooks] Electric vehicles, was Cardamon

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 12 10:24:37 PDT 2009

Selene wrote:
>  Tangentially: In the SCA, we try to accommodate modern health
>  considerations of all sorts with as little fuss as possible.
>  Eyeglasses, hearing aids, wheelchairs are "invisible" for the most
>  part. As are "scooters" and golf carts, although I'm beginning find
>  that last a bit obtrusive.

I've only seen golf carts at large inter-kingdom events, mostly used
by security, chirurgeons, and by event staff helping those with
mobility issues. I can tolerate the rare usage at massive sites with
thousands of attendees.

Do you mean by individuals? If so, sheesh, maybe we should be holding
events on golf courses (joking, joking)

>  I've often considered getting a live donkey and cart.

Donkeys can be very sweet, and they are *strong*. I was quite
impressed by them when i was in Morocco. I've been thinking how it
would be to have one, but there isn't quite the space one would need
in my second floor urban flat.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita