[Sca-cooks] Service Animal

Deborah Hammons mistressaldyth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 13:48:04 PDT 2009

If you hitched my Pyrs to a cart, well, that would be funny for about 10
seconds.  I have them trained NOT to pull.  I am pretty sure Cailte's
wolfies would not suffer that quietly.A sight hound in harness.  (I can see
Connor now.....)  Swiss Mountain Dogs, Rotties, some Mastiffs, will hitch up
nicely if you start them young.  Of course huskies and malamutes.
My oldest Pyr is 8 and is technically a service dog, being with Therapy Dogs
International.  I could show his card, but in all fairness I consider a
service animal just that.  We have gone way beyond seeing eye dogs.  There
are seizure dogs, "diabetic" dogs.  They work hard.

Aldyth