[Sca-cooks] How was Pennsic?

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Thu Aug 13 01:52:04 PDT 2009

Phlip mentioned:
<<< And, while, of you look on the map, we're nt very far from the barn,
the map doesn't show that f'ing hill, which is just as steep as
Runestone Hill, whick is often referred to as Heart Attack hill. I can
walk up them, but on the occasions when I had to do it more than once
a day, I wasn't much good for anything else. >>>

I assume by "Heart Attack" hill you are talking about the one with the
Runestone on it on Runestone Hill?

Ours isn't as steep as that one. They both go up the same amount (and
down, but that isn't usually the problem) but ours is over a longer
distance than the Runestone Hill one. Don't know if that is better or
not. The older I get, the harder it seems to get climbing that hill. A
nice, notable cooling though as you go down the hill, though.

There was one year we made a sedan chair and Phlip got to ride up that
hill. Roller skating down that hill would sure be "interesting" but
also out-of-period.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com