[Sca-cooks] Old copper pot needs TLC

Cheri or Anne celticcheri at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 11:31:37 PDT 2009

Greetings,

I have just bought a 'lot' of old kitchen items (very cool).  One is an old copper pot, it's round and has the hook still attached on the handle for hanging over a fire. The handle is rusted and upon opening the box I discover that while the pot is in good shape there is the green of neglected copper inside the pot.  Now I know this is poisonous to ingest so what would I have to have done to the pot in order to make it usable for cooking?

Anne

Go softly and gently for those you meet here will be
those you know hereafter."