[Sca-cooks] Old copper pot needs TLC

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Aug 13 14:13:54 PDT 2009

If there's THAT much verdigris, rather than scrubbing, let it soak in
heated vinegar for a while, and spend an afternoon doing other chores,
and giving it an occasional scrubbing until it comes clean. Elbow
gease is wondrous stuff, and can't be beaten for some applications,
but lazy blacksmiths hve long learned the uses of heat for stimulating
various chemical rections ;-)