[Sca-cooks] Dots of Sauce

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun Aug 16 07:01:54 PDT 2009

It's funny because you can actually search under: decorating a plate
little drops of sauce
where you find descriptions like this:

"As far as decorating a plate goes, your two most valuable pieces of
equipment are: squeeze bottles, and a wooden skewer or a toothpick. If
you go to a craft or kitchen store, you should be able to find squeeze
bottles with small applicator tips for cheap. I like to have a variety
of all my sauces stored in squeeze bottles.
Then all you have to do is squirt a little puddle on your dessert plate,
spin the plate around to spread the sauce evenly in a circular fashion,
squeeze some more drops of a sauce in a contrasting color on top of your
base sauce, then draw your toothpick or skewer through the drops to
create different patterns. For instance, if you draw your toothpick
through a single drop, it will create a heart shape. If you draw your
toothpick through concentric circles of your contrasting sauce, it
creates a neat spiderweb pattern."
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Desserts-747/Dessert-decoration.htm

They tell you what to do but not what it is called. Let's see, what else
lurks here:

"Another way to serve a sauce is to drizzle it in a ribbon or in a
random pattern...."

Drizzling seems to be a term that pops up frequently.

How about drizzling and combine it with Master A.'s suggestion of coulis?

This turns up in books as in:
"Drizzle the plate with Raspberry and Apricot *Coulis* and garnish with
fresh
berries, sliced grapes, pistachios, almonds, and whipped cream or creme.."

Johnnae

**