[Sca-cooks] Seeking Cheesy Goodness in WI

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 07:17:45 PDT 2009

And...oddly enough...that's where I ate the dish!  Great little town but we
were disappointed in the Village Museum.  It was, comparably speaking, on
the expensive side, but not well put together.  Unlike Little Norway, most
of the buildings were blocked off so you could only look in through the door
and the buildings were all set up in a circular organization.  We visited a
Norwegian Immigrant museum in Mt. Horeb that was far more informative...and
was free!  At Little Norway, the buildings were in a more natural
setting...they had used an actual village that had been, fortunately,
preserved...and the guide was very knowledgeable.  On the other hand, there
was no guide that we could find (although we were told there was one!), so
had to depend on signs, etc.

Kiri