[Sca-cooks] Napier A Noble Boke off Cookry on Google Books

Alex Clark alexbclark at pennswoods.net
Wed Aug 19 21:04:57 PDT 2009

Johnna Holloway wrote:

> The book is based on the Holkham MSS 674. Mrs. Napier didn't do a very
> good job
> when she copied the book from the original mss back in the 1880's. There
> are several recipes
> missing as well as other problems, but it is still nice to have the
> volume available online to consult as needed.

Might the other problems include a bunch of yoghs that got transformed
into whoreson zeds?

And do you happen to know of any problems with the menus? I just taught
a class at Pennsic that used those menus, but I haven't seen the
original manuscript, only Napier's published transcription.

--
Henry of Maldon/Alex Clark