[Sca-cooks] Period Shabbat

Judith Epstein judith at ipstenu.org
Mon Aug 24 13:09:50 PDT 2009

On Aug 24, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Craig Daniel wrote:

> Classes are obviously fine - and wonderful. I was thinking about the
> pamphlet idea - while I wouldn't be offended by one, I could see at
> least some people really not liking the idea of Troll (which really
> is doing administrative things for the Society) handing out
> pamphlets on
> how to help out the observant Jews, because it could be misconstrued
> as the Society endorsing Jewish religious practice. It's something
> where if I were doing it I'd tread lightly and get input from
> relevant local group officers just to make sure nobody could read
> the wrong
> intent into it.

I wouldn't leave a pamphlet with the gatekeepers, anyway. I'd rather
print just enough for a class made up solely of people who are
interested in such things, than hand pamphlets to everyone and have
most of them end up in the garbage. Even if it wouldn't be problematic
(which I agree, it would be), it would be wasteful.

Judith