[Sca-cooks] Contests was Definition of "Period Cooking" was Re: Substitute for Potatoes?

Euriol of Lothian euriol at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 25 05:56:20 PDT 2009

Not that Judith has any difficulty to responding on her own behalf... but since she did post that she is a "Newbie", I'd just like to add that we all come into this "society" with different expectations.

She has a pretty clear idea of how she wants to approach it at this time, and I think many of us would have been resistant to someone us telling us to use their approach instead.

I think the biggest concern that I've seen in all the responses to her posts is in response to a perceived claim that she is cooking period food by using her knowledge of period ingredients.

Judith - I guess the only thing I can ask if you can accept a request that you don't make the claim of it being from a particular time and place without being able to back it up.

And to all, enjoy playing in the kitchen.

Euriol

 Euriol of Lothian, OP
Clerk, Order of the Pelican, Kingdom of Æthelmearc
Chronicler, Barony of Endless Hills

"I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy."
-Robindranath Tagore, Poet/Playwright/Essayist 1913 Nobel Prize for Literature