[Sca-cooks] P B & J

chawkswrth at aol.com chawkswrth at aol.com
Wed Aug 26 10:34:55 PDT 2009

This thread reminds me of a Minister of Music we had in one of Dad's Churches. He was new to the South Louisiana area, fresh out of the seminary, and yes, we were his first church.

Mother and Dad had asked him to dinner one evening.?Dad went out to the boats, just as they had pulled in. He picked up shrimp and oysters and hurried home.

Imagine coming home to a dinner of fresh fried shrimp and oysters, with Hushpuppies, homemade cole slaw-The Works. Mother created something special.

The Young Man sat down at the table and looked at the plate that mother sat before him..."Can I have a cheeseburger, instead?"

No, he was not allergic to seafood. Come to find out, if he didn't want what his Mother fixed, she would cook a second meal, just for him.

40 plus years later, Mother still gets a certain look in her eye when she talks about it....

Helen