[Sca-cooks] P B & J

Nancy Kiel nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 27 03:33:13 PDT 2009

It's looks like you have two separate situations that are being combined.  If you invite someone, asking for their dislikes and answering truthfully is helpful.
 If you have a guest actually at the table to whom you offer something that fits within their dietary guidelines and they turn it down, they are not rejecting you as a human being and it doesn't mean that either guest or host has behaved badly.  It just means they don't want to eat that dish.  I expect Miss Manners would advise the host not to point out the guest's refusal, as that is probably bad etiquette.

Nancy Kiel
nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Never tease a weasel!
This is very good advice.