[Sca-cooks] food likes and dislikes and ettiquette

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Aug 28 09:52:32 PDT 2009

> Not necessarily.  I consider it the responsibility of feastgoers to
> contact the cook (or steward, or booking agent) about their food issues
> before the feast, but I pretty much never provide a menu in advance.
> It's not the norm here to publish ahead.  It *is* the norm here for all
> feast-goers to pre-book.

Interkingdom Anthropology note:

Wow. That's... odd. I mean, it sounds like people are buying a pig in a
poke, with no idea what kind of food they'll get at all, unless they
contact you about allergies? I know that was the norm early in my SCA
career (I think) but it's kinda wierd now. I know more picky eaters, too,
and some of them will come to a feast based on the cook's reputation, but
mostly they do look at the menu to see if there will be stuff they eat. I
guess not having a menu keeps the pickier eaters away, which could be a
benefit, though.

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net