[Sca-cooks] OT OP Beware --- fake Girl Scout Cookies are planned

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 10:18:34 PDT 2009

Wally World seems to be doing a fair amount of this these days.  There is an
ongoing discussion on both the Atlantia and SCA Laurel elists regarding a
new t-shirt that they are selling...it seems that they found a picture of a
scroll done by an Atlantian scribe for an award given to a person in the
Barony of Windmaster's Hill and have put it onto the t-shirt!  I've never
cared for Walmart and quite frankly find their sudden desire to let everyone
know how they are insuring their workers and giving to various non-profits
such as the American Cancer Society very suspect.  They are, IMHO, still out
for their own gain exclusively and care little, if anything for anything
except their bottom line profits.  The only reason, I believe, for the
insurance and non-profit thing is that they were beginning to lose market
share because of all of their bad publicity.  I only go into their store if
I need something that I can't get anywhere else...I've even ordered stuff
online to avoid their store!

Kiri