[Sca-cooks] Chilled Chili

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 4 07:11:03 PDT 2009

Adamantius sed:

>Here, try this analogy: does chilled chili taste good, or would that
>totally screw up the flavor?

Totally off-topic but that reminded me of a story.

Several years ago at Pennsic, Ansteorra had its annual

Chili Night party.  Duke Kein had really overestimated the

amount needed so there were several gallons left over

the next day.

So, after the Open Field Battle Ansteorra brought out

these huge stockpots full of cold chili. Fighters, being the

weird creatures they are, lined up to grab a bowl of this

nasty, greasy, over-spicy glop. I'm definately not a guy

who likes cold chili or spicy foods while I'm fighting.

But, it was wonderful. It tasted better than when it was

hot and fresh. I have no idea why, but it was some of the

best chili I'd ever tasted.

Never underestimate chilly chili.

Gunthar

Been there, done that.